Sunday, November 4, 2007

My story so far...

I was a young wife with a two-year old and a new baby taking general ed classes at Mt. San Antonio College when I found myself divorcing. My choices were limited. I left college and returned to the workforce with no marketable job skills. I made $6.10 per hour and paid most of that to the babysitter. I found entry level work in the dental field. Because I had a private high school education and some college I was able to advance over the years and unfortunately the money was enough so that I became complacent. I knew that I wanted to complete my education but I had many priorities before I thought I could make that goal a reality. I remarried and wanted my new marriage to be a success. We had another child. Kids have many needs and it was my obligation to meet their needs before my own. I returned to college when my youngest was in middle school. He is now 21 and I am 2 quarters away from my degree. But...I know there must have been a better way...

No comments: